YMCA of Hobart is currently recruiting
People and Administration Manager
The YMCA is currently searching for a ‘People and Administration Manager’ based at their Glenorchy head office. The position is a 3 year fixed term contract (38 hours a week) and involves head office duties such as financial admin, HR and customer relations. Working at the Y offers people a supportive working environment with all of the benefits that our centres across Hobart have to offer.
About the role:
This is a 3 year fixed term position of 38 hours per week.
As the People & Administration Manager you will be accountable for the management and oversight of the following functions:
- Ensure financial administration is in accordance with chart of accounts, budget principles and executive instruction
- Human Resource functions such as recruitment, procedural and cultural on-boarding, and staff development administration and in accordance with statutory requirements and strategic expectations
- Oversight of Customer Care; including administration of customer feedback platforms
- Oversight of risk management administration and reporting (including Safeguarding Children)
- Administration of Staff communication platforms
You will have the ability to work under pressure, unsupervised and with outstanding self-motivation. Your communication skills will be positive, clear and consistent with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience within a community, recreation, not for profit or other community services setting.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in human resources, payroll and financial administration.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including experience leading and working in teams with a diverse range of people and situations.
- High level of knowledge and experience with QuickBooks or equivalent HR / Accounting programs.
- Ability to problem solve, display initiative, work under pressure and unsupervised.
- Excellent computing, reporting and organisational skills.
- Commitment to the YMCA Belief, Mission and Values
To apply, please contact email@example.com for the selection criteria and application process.
Applications close Friday 1st of March 2019.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people.
The YMCA of Hobart is pleased to announce the opportunity to join our Aquatics Team. We are currently looking for
- Swimming instructors and trainees
How to apply for a Swim School position with the YMCA:
Read through the position description for the role you would like to apply for. It’s strongly recommended to read a little about the Y before applying.
To apply for the position please email the following:
- Cover letter
- Copies of any qualifications
- Names and contact numbers of two referees.
Applications are welcome any time during the year although positions are often limited – please apply early.
Safeguarding Children Commitment:
The YMCA is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, a process that includes, but is not limited to, comprehensive reference checks, an identity check, a ‘working with children’ check and a ‘national criminal history record’ check.