Update 31st March 2020 – Rosny Park Golf Closure
Rosny Golf Notification – Closure from tonight (31/3/2020)
- All term memberships will be frozen as of tonight until we reopen.
- All direct debits will automatically be suspended and there will be no further charges until we reopen.
- Visit Pass expiry dates will have an extra 12 months + 5 bonus visits free added for when we reopen
Update 27th March 2020 – YMCA Indoor Centre Closures
Frequently Asked Questions
All YMCA indoor facilities were closed to the public at the end of day on March 18th, 2020 due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. It happened fast and we’ve been working out the best possible way to respond to it and keep our customers informed.
Please have a look through the FAQs to see if we can answer your question. If not, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as we can. If you email us, please expect delays but we will do our best to respond as quickly as we can.
For now, all of our phone lines are diverted to an answering service. Please reach out to us via email.
Swim School Enrolments
All Swim School enrolments have been suspended. There will be no further direct debits until we are given the ‘all clear’ and have made contact with you to get your approval to restart.
Credits will be automatically placed on to your YMCA account for students who missed a lesson between Thursday 19th of March through to Sunday the 22nd March
Indoor Centre Memberships
All indoor centre memberships have automatically been suspended.
- This applies to you if you are member of Y-Fitness, Clarence Aquatic Centre YMCA or Barossa Park YMCA Wellness Centre
- Direct Debit members: There will be no further amounts debited from your bank accounts until we are given the ‘all clear’ and we have made contact with you to get your approval to re-start.
- Term members have also had their memberships suspended and will have the expiry of their membership automatically extended by the length of the shutdown. We will also add an extra month to your membership to thank you for your understanding and continued support.
Visit Pass Holders
Visit Pass expiry dates will have an extra 12 months + 5 bonus visits free added for when we reopen.
Rosny Park Public Golf Course
Rosny Park Public Golf Course is still open and operating under the strictest social distancing precautions.
- All Memberships are still active and will be debited as per the normal schedule.
- If the situation changes in-between your direct debits, your next membership direct debit will automatically be suspended and there will be no further charges.
- Currently Golf Course Visit Passes are valid and can still be used.
We are taking every precaution to make sure the golf facilities are safe to use and social distancing principles apply. More details are available on the Rosny Park Golf information page https://hobart.ymca.org.au/golf/
As the YMCA is a self-funded community non-profit we are sincerely grateful for your continued support throughout this difficult time and look forward to seeing you back at our centres, once we reopen
18th March 2020 – YMCA Indoor Centre Closures –
The YMCA of Hobart has made a decision to temporarily close our indoor public facilities as of this afternoon. This includes Barossa Park YMCA Wellness Centre, Clarence Aquatic Centre and YMCA Glenorchy.
All fitness memberships, swim school and squad memberships and visit passes will be suspended as of this afternoon. Terms memberships will be extended for the same period as the closure. Any payments made for future services will be held in credit.
We recognize the importance of our communities being healthy, happy and connected – even more so during this time. We are currently working around the clock to develop ways in which we can make our programs and services available to the public to maintain social distancing, but not social isolation.
As the YMCA is a self-funded community nonprofit we thank you all for your continued support throughout this difficult time and look forward to seeing you back at our centres, once we reopen.
We will review our centre closures on a weekly basis and report back to you with a weekly update on Facebook and our this webpage.
For additional news, advice and resources on the Coronavirus, please visit the Tasmanian Department of Health and Human Services website at…