Clarence Aquatic Centre YMCA
Children under 15 years will not be permitted to enter without an adult (18 years or above).
New Lane Speed Format
- Slow Fitness: >80 seconds per lap
- Moderate Fitness: 60 and 80 seconds per lap
- General Training: 60 seconds per 50m lap
- Fast Training: <50 seconds per lap
- Swim in the lane that suits your ability: Talk to the shift supervisor if in doubt
- Do not enter unmarked lanes. Speak to the shift supervisor
- Slower swimmers MUST give way to faster swimmers. Swimmer in front always gives way.
- When you are having a rest, please stand to the corner of the lane. Lane Behavior
- Be Flexible: As other swimmers join the pool – you may need to move lanes.
- Be Thoughtful: Are you passing or being passed, move to a lane better suitable for your speed.
- Be Kind: We share the space, everyone deserves to enjoy their swim
Children under 14 year of age must be actively supervised by a responsible person (18 years or older) at all times. The responsible person must be dressed ready to swim and NOT use a mobile device or read a book while supervising.
For children under 6 years of age:
- The ratio is 2 children to 1 responsible person
- RED WRIST BAND (provided) must be worn by the supervising person
- Supervising person must be in the water and be within arm’s length at all times
For children between 6 and 10 years of age:
- The ratio is 4 children to 1 responsible person
- YELLOW WRIST BAND (provided) must be worn by the supervising person
- The supervising person will need to remain visually active and be dressed ready to swim
Lane Availability: **Please check lane availability page**
- Monday-Thursday 6am-7.30pm
- Friday’s: 6am-6.00pm
- Saturday’s: 8am-4pm
- Sunday’s: 10am-5pm
Easter 2023 Trading Hours…
- Good Friday, 7 April – Closed
- Saturday 8 April – 9am – 4pm
- Easter Sunday 9 April – 10am – 5pm
- Easter Monday 10 April – 10am – 5pm
MARCH 2023 – CENTRE CLOSURE TIMES (swimming carnivals)
- Toddler Pool will be closed for maintenance between 18th – 24th of March 2023
Please contact the Centre on 03 6244 2294 for further information about our facilities.