YMCA Swim School / Barossa Park YMCA Wellness Ctr
LEARN TO SWIM FOR PRE-SCHOOLERS – (Ages 3.5 – 5 years)
Ongoing lessons throughout the year, with a break over Christmas: Daytime classes, half-hour sessions – Monday, Wednesday, Friday 11.30am – 1.00pm
Lessons are conducted in the Program Pool by AUSTSWIM qualified teachers. Parents are not required to be in the water with the children.
LEARN TO SWIM (YMCA Aqua Safe Program) – (Ages 5 and over)
The YMCA Aquatic Education Programs provide opportunities for students to learn swimming and water safety skills in a safe, fun and challenging environment.
Our Aquatic Education Teachers actively encourage and support students to share experiences, develop skills and participate in activities.
The YMCA AquaSafe Program for students from 3.5 years runs Monday to Friday from 3.00pm and Saturday morning from 8.30am. The AquaSafe Program is underpinned by a framework of developmental assets that promote confidence, self awareness, social interaction and personal development.
The three main components of the AquaSafe Program each of equal importance and value are:
- PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
- INTELLECTUAL DEVELOPMENT
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
Levels – each new student is assessed before being booked in to one of the following levels:
Re-Enrolments – Once you have a booking in our program you do not need to re-enrol or re-book!
PRICES & PAYMENTS
$16.00 per lesson (fortnightly direct debit), or $16.50 per lesson (up front payment prior to commencement of 6 week block).
Sibling discount applies for 3 or more children. If you enrol 3 or more children your 3rd child will receive a 10% discount.
- TADPOLE 30 minutes (3.5 years to school age)
- OCTOPUS 30 minutes (School Age)
- GOLDFISH 30 minutes (3.5 years to school age)
- SARDINE 30 minutes (School Age)
- FLYING FISH 30 minutes (School Age)
- SALMON 30 minutes (School Age)
- TUNA 30 minutes (School Age)
- DOLPHIN 45 minutes (School Age)
- SHARK 1 hour (School Age)
OTHER YMCA AQUATIC EDUCATION PROGRAMS
School Holiday Programs – running over each School Holiday Period
LEARN TO SWIM – ADULTS
- Half hour classes offered either morning or evening.
- Small groups enabling close instruction (no more than 4 beginners per group)
- We cater for non-swimmers, those wishing to improve their stroke and advanced swimmers.
- Private lessons are also available.
- Teachers are AUSTSWIM qualified.
Special Needs Lessons are available on request.
Private Lessons are available on request for full term bookings or blocks of 5 lessons to focus on particular areas of development. Cost is $27.00 per lesson.
Is by Direct Debit or upfront prior to commencement of classes by Cash, Cheque, Credit Card of EFTPOS.
All Aquatic Education Teachers hold AUSTSWIM Certification and are accredited in CPR.
Clarence Aquatic Centre YMCA is an AUSTSWIM recognised Swim School.
LINKS – ENROLMENT FORM, AMENDMENT FORM, TERM DATES for the year.
Contact the Aquatic Centre on 62 442294 for more information or to book a session.