Rookie Sports is a multiple ball sports program especially designed for young kids.
Kids ages 6-12 will have fun learning, practicing and improving their skills as we focus on a different sports. We cover the basics of many sports along with teamwork skills, drills and playing many games.
We cover the following ball games…
- AFL – Catching (Hand Eye), jumping, agility, basic technique of kicking/handballing, team work
- Soccer (Futsal) – Foot eye coordination, basics dribbling/shooting technique, teamwork, agility, speed, balance, body control
- Cricket – Running, catching (hand eye), basic passing and bowling, agility, team work
- Basketball – Balance, agility, basic dribbling/shooting/passing technique, team work.
- Various other sports are also incorporated throughout the term to keep classes fun and challenging depending on children’s age and ability.
When: Tuesdays 2nd and 9th of October – 10.30-11.15am
Where: YMCA Glenorchy. 8a Constance Ave, Glenorchy
How much: $6 per child per session