Rookie Sports is a multiple ball sports program especially designed for young kids.
We offer two classes…
- Preschool Rookie Sports (1.5-3 years)
- After school Rookie Sports for primary schoolers.
Kids will have fun learning, practicing and improving their skills as we focus on a different sport every two weeks. We cover the basics of each sport along with teamwork skills, drills and playing each game.
We cover the following ball games…
- AFL – Catching (Hand Eye), jumping, agility, basic technique of kicking/handballing, team work
- Soccer (Futsal) – Foot eye coordination, basics dribbling/shooting technique, teamwork, agility, speed, balance, body control
- Cricket – Running, catching (hand eye), basic passing and bowling, agility, team work
- Basketball – Balance, agility, basic dribbling/shooting/passing technique, team work.
- Various other sports are also incorporated throughout the term to keep classes fun and challenging depending on children’s age and ability.
When: Every Thursday…
- Preschoolers 10.30-11.15
- Primary schoolers 3.30-4.15
Where: YMCA Glenorchy. 8a Constance Ave, Glenorchy
How much: $8 per child per session