The YMCAs of Australia work together from a base of Christian values to provide opportunities for all people to grow in body, mind and spirit.
We are making a positive difference by providing opportunity to each and every person to be healthy, happy and connected.
The YMCAs of Australia are also guided by their agreed Strategic Directions, agreed by the Movement at its 2013 Annual General Meeting. YMCA Vision Brochure
The YMCAs of Australia are guided to achieve their Mission by the following Christian values. We value:
- The whole person, consisting of a body, a mind and a spirit each of which is of equal importance.
- The dignity and intrinsic worth of all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, belief or other difference.
- Diversity of people, communities and nations.
- Equality of opportunity and justice for all people.
- Healthy communities based on relationships between people which are characterised by love, understanding and mutual respect.
- Acceptance of personal responsibility.